Some History… The building was originally known as the Dominion Telephone Company located on the corner of St. James and Alice Streets in Waterford, Ontario was originally a factory built in 1909, which consisted of 100,000 square feet and employed 75 people. Sadly, the Village of Waterford foreclosed on the business in 1912.
The building was emptied of its contents and in 1916 the government used it for an armory.
A year or so later Penman’s bought the building which today we are proud to present as a new modernized home to Dominion Lofts.
Our approach to this project was to redesign the interior and reface the exterior of the building. The existing structure would remain in place while all interior would be re-engineered and designed with new layouts, leaving only the original structural supporting elements in place as was deemed acceptable by engineers.
Dominion Lofts features modern open space ‘styled’ apartments ranging in size from 500 sq. feet to upwards of 1,000 sq. feet complimented by two commercial spaces.. This beautifully designed building offers a spacious front entrance with secure building access and 2nd level elevator access.
THE DOMINION LOFTS